Monday, August 31, 2009

Realization #9 - Bath time isn't always clean

#9 - My little man who is now just 6 weeks old hasn't had too many baths in his lifetime but enough for me to learn a few things. For instance, after the first bath I realized that everything needed for the bath literally has to be at arms reach - not sitting on the counter next to the sink. (I put him in his little tub inside the large bathtub and sit on the floor next to the tub and scrub-a-dub-dub.) It is NOT easy to keep a hand on him in the baby tub and try to reach for the towel on the counter. BUT - that was then and I know better. However, the latest in bath time fun occurred the other day. I normally make sure he's not hungry (but not right after a meal because he could spit up in the bath water) and has just had a bowel movement before he gets a bath. Leave it to little man to mess up the tub and water by squirting out of his back end in the middle of his bath. (Apparently that was leftover from the mess he made in his diaper before I put him in the bath.) Ah, that was fun to try an manuever him out, clean the tub, dump the water and then start the bath again. Someone is getting a laugh with the situation, I just know it. I will admit though, I did have to chuckle about the situation - what else can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment